1926 Headlight/ Ignition wiring Diagram..Please.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1926 Headlight/ Ignition wiring Diagram..Please.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 08:32 pm:

Hello, does anyone have a diagram printout for a
1926 Tudor. Its for the Headlight Ignition switch.
My friend is having trouble with the wiring system. Thank you in advance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, July 21, 2018 - 08:53 pm:

Sketch of the '26-'27 switch from the rear.

Terminal block on the firewall

Note Ford error in printing of the terminal i.d. numbers, they run left to right, #7 should be #1 of the 6 terminal wiring block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 09:24 am:

Thank you Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 11:34 am:

That is an accurate diagram, but the best, go to diagram, is one that was printed by Ron Patterson, several years ago. It has been posted here several times so if someone out there has it, please post it. In the meantime, I am going to try and find it with the keyword search and, if successful, will post the thread link. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 11:42 am:

Ron Pattersonís wiring diagram. Jim Patrick

www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/200666.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 02:18 pm:

Jim

Posted that Ford wiring diagram as it is for the Improved '26-'27, the one the post is about. Ron's is a good general schematic, but doesn't show the plug wiring of the '26-'27 engine mount coil box, even though the drawing is labeled '22-'27.

Better to show the difference, as someone could wire the Improved Car coil box wrong. The number one spark plug and piston are in front of the radiator.

The schematic reads left to right in numbering the terminal block, and the coil terminals.

However, the '26-'27 coil box is different. The left to right spark plug coil box terminals (when facing the coil box) for the engine mount box are
from the Left...... 4, 3, 2, 1.

The earlier dash or firewall mount coil box, left to right spark plug coil box terminals (when facing the coil box) are from the Left.........1, 2, 3, 4.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 02:49 pm:

Here's mine before/after pics switch terminal harness
Wires removed before cleaning

Cleaned before wiring

Correctly wired (Note my harness wires came without red/green tracers,so I used colored tape)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 02:56 pm:

At terminal block

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 03:09 pm:

Thank you for the clarification, Dan. I wired my Ď26 coupe in 2010, using Ronís diagram and had no problem, because I cross referenced Ronís diagram to the diagram you posted, (that can be found in the 1926 Model T Service Manual), but once the proper orientation has been established, Ronís diagram is much easier to see the routing of each wire, but I can see where mistakes could be made if the terminal block and coil box, were oriented backward. Thanks again. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 03:12 pm:

PS. Dan. What trumps BOTH diagrams are your very helpful pictures, which eliminate all confusion. Great! Thank you. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 03:14 pm:

...and your pictures too, George. Thank you. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 09:54 am:

Thank you all for the pictures they are a big help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 03:03 pm:

I based all my wiring on Ron's map. I also was in a quandary because another map from someone else had the wires at the terminal block transposed. You can do it either way as long as the correct colors match up. For ease of tracking down problems, Ron's is correct with Ford maps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 03:59 pm:

I remember In 2010, I ordered a Ď26 wiring diagram from Texas T that was incorrect. The copy was printed on blue paper. I shared it on the forum and was told that it was incorrect and was directed to Ronís diagram. Jim Patrick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration