It's home and it's ALIVE!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: It's home and it's ALIVE!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 08:08 am:

We brought my grandad's 1913 touring home yesterday. I called the "gang" and we had a T party/baby shower for it's arrival! Pizza, sodas, & beers, and much camaraderie made for a wonderful day! Thanks guys for all your hard work cranking your guts out when I was too pooped to do it! We got it running and the engine sounds pretty good! It needs a good tune up and a little TLC but it won't be long and she'll be going down the road again after many many years of storage. Thanks to all my great friends who helped make the party very enjoyable. I will remember this day for a long time!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 08:20 am:

It looks like a great car. Best of luck with it.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 08:53 am:

Hello Darren:
What a great opportunity that you own this fine family heirloom. The car looks great...glad to here it will need little to return to full service. This presumably creates a living space issue for the Queen, so you may feel free to store here it at my place.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer,Woodstock,Ontario,Canada on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 10:14 am:

You should have seen the smile on Darren's face.It was like Christmas came early this year.With a little tinkering the motor came back to life.A little weak at first & them it smoothed out & now runs fine.The nice thing is that Darren knows the history of this car since new,& has the pictures too.Scott ,the Queen & the 13 T have been room mates before & they get along just fine.Its good to see that the 13 is in good hands with Darren.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 01:02 pm:

That's a great looking old girl.

I'm envious of you guys who have family heirloom cars.

My grandfather was best friends with Argyle McAllen, of the famous McAllen Ranch in south Texas (from which the town of McAllen gets its name). The McAllen family's first automobile was a very early Model T (my dad remembers it being an 09). When my dad and his older brother were kids, Argyle gave the old thing to them to play with (this was in the late 1940's.) They drug it home and, with my grandfather's help, got it running. They talk about how they drove it around through fields, used is as a hunting buggy, and otherwise treated it poorly. When they outgrew it, they left it in a field behind the barn.

The remnants of the barn were still on that site when I was in high school in the 1980's and I went out looking for anything remaining of the car, but alas, there was nothing at all.

That would've been a special one to find and revive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 01:03 pm:

WOW!!! -What a beautiful car!!!
Enjoy it in the very best of health and happiness!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 09:39 pm:

How wonderful for you.
Grandpa is smiling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 04:18 pm:

Thank you everyone for your kind words!!

Well, a two day tune up made for great results! Car starts on magneto on 1st or 2nd pull! Anderson timer, rebuilt brass Holley G carburetor, new gas line, new radiator hoses, set ignition timing, set of HCCT rebuilt 1913 KW black top 6 screw coils, rebuilt coil box,oil change, good set of Champion X's. Blew out oil line behind cam gear. Now to check those bands!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 06:02 pm:

A couple of pics from Saturday thanks to my great friend Scott Kramer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 07:32 pm:

Oh WOW that is nice! And with family history. Can't get much better than that!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration