What is brass tag for?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: What is brass tag for?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 11:08 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 11:08 am:

This tag is on the rear seat frame on a 22 center door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 11:09 am:

What's it on and where is it placed ? (Neat tag !!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 11:13 am:

Cross-post ! Thanks Dallas, I'll bet someone will know. Do you know who made the body ? (Maybe a Ford-made body ?? I always thought center-door sedan bodies were built mostly by Fisher and others - waiting to learn more !)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 11:18 am:

Rich, its my buddys car. I posted a couple days ago about helping get the 22 and 21 DB out of storage. His daughter asked as they are cleaning the 22 up and found this tag. I will ask about body maker. Is there a place to look for body maker mark?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 11:23 am:

Dallas,Sorry to say i don't know about this tag but Ford used tags on machinery and tools. I thought many if not most center doors were Fisher Body? Those brass tags can be found on e-bay and Chevy also used them to id machinery. Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kurt Baltrusch on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 12:34 pm:

From what I can tell, Fisher and Wadsworth built center door bodies at first, but the Wadsworth factory burned down about 1919 and it is unclear ( to me at least) as to whether they built center doors after that. I have not been able to find any tags or stampings on my 1922 sedan body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 12:57 pm:

This is what I found on my '22 Centerdoor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 02:03 pm:

This is from my '22 Centerdoor project. There seems to be about 6 Centerdoor's in the Michigan area with the same type tag and no other stampings....anywhere.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/520850.html?1424785291

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 02:26 pm:

Thanks guys. They will look for stamping in wood as they clean it up and get it ready for the road after 16 years in storage. Another out of the barn and on the road.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration