Great Northern Model T club tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Great Northern Model T club tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Peternell on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 01:17 pm:

Andrew Staricka organized the tour. Great group of people!. They toured my younger brothers manufacturing and restoration shop and then on to the Pioneer grounds in Albany. We took the opportunity with the grounds empty for some pictures.
I'll see what I can do posting pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Peternell on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 01:22 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Peternell on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 01:27 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Peternell on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 01:28 pm:

Sorry about the duplicates!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Peternell on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 01:37 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 01:41 pm:

Like! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 11:27 pm:

Looks like a great your and great pictures!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Peternell on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 02:00 pm:

Looking through I missed a few. I didn't want to leave anyone out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 04:55 pm:

Looks like we had good turnout. Itís kind of fitting that the tour stopped at the Pioneer Days grounds. Nearly ten years ago, during Albany Pioneer Days, Norm, Andy and I decided that we should think about starting an MTFCA chapter to offer touring options in the northern part of the state. We wanted to compliment the metro and southern offerings of the T Totalers MTFCI chapter that we all belonged to.

By the end of the weekend, Homer, Jack, and Gary were on board. Two months later, about a dozen couples gathered in my living room in Sartell, and the GNMTC was born. Forming a chapter is very rewarding. It only takes half a dozen active people to get it started. Itís been a joy to see our little idea grow and blossom over the past ten years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Peternell on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 09:00 pm:

Just to stir the pot... Maybe an annual gathering at the grounds? Place gets a little lonely in the summer. The show started as a threshing get together with neighbors and relatives. Dad made us put flyer's under windshields at local churches. Probably had two hundred people the first year. Seems it gained traction since then. I can appreciate what it takes to get a club like this together. Congratulations on a ten year anniversary! We should talk about this more..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 01:13 am:

If I may. :-)
Michael text me last Monday about the tour coming thru Albany, stopping at his brother's shop (a "NOT to miss" stop BTW), stopping at our beautiful showgrounds and suggested that May-Ur Keith and myself should meet up and catch the tour.
When I called (25TT) May-Ur Keith Friday night, he had JUST gotten off the phone with his daughter or SIL and they had JUST released him from his duties as grand-children caretaker for much of the day. Happy For both of us! Wha? I guess I called at the right time, but my gut said... now :-)

May-Ur Keith and I cruised over, caught up with Michael and Denny, had a FANtastic fun time catching up with the T tour in St. Rosa, following thru Freeport and into Albany. Don't ask how Michael got those wonderful trestle photos... Vroom! Michael's Subaru caught it. :-)

Shoot. Michael even caught us in a pic (in my modern) coming thru that beautiful wooden trestle (angry looking black pickup behind Gary's?? late Touring.
My wife and my own son don't know about that trestle right beside the Freeway here in central MN!!! It's all I look at when we cruise thru!

30 miles per hour! I loved it, even in my 05 modern! Ahhhhhh... May-Ur Keith said something about "This is Cadillac touring!". He also has a runner 66 Cadillac Limousine.
He loved the speed too. What a wonderful day. :-)

I smarted off to Andy when we got to Albany, "Andy, you tour in that thing?" (his 24 Touring) He says I think so! He's carried steam Queens in the parades for 30 plus years on the grounds and we've kept that Touring in the Corliss Building many many times overnight for safe keeping.
At 90-some years of age, he's a really neat fella!
"But I'm just so damned old!" He says! :-) After 90, I find he stopped counting years and is now counting years as half years. :-)

We get into Albany and the "Trouble Truck" is way late! Hehehe! The Staricka's know how to have good fun!

I'd like to thank The Great Northern Model T Club for a wonderful day!!!
I enjoyed it, May-Ur Keith enjoyed it too and what a great day! Even from this side of the fence. :-)
My psychOdelic 18 Runabout could be up to 30 MPH standards if I'd get under him and snug a bunch of things up.....

Thank you Michael!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 10:36 am:

Photos are great, thank you. The Church photos would be perfect if not for the 5th wheel RV.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 11:36 am:

What RV?

RV

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Peternell on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 01:09 pm:

Sweet! I'd love to see the guard rails off the
Tressel pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Lindberg on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 03:56 pm:

Looks like fun! great pictures. I wish I could spend more time going on these tours. Maybe next time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 10:36 pm:

Darel, that's fantastic!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration