Looking for Dykeís book cover

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Looking for Dykeís book cover
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 04:24 pm:

Iím looking for a nice clear high res photograph or scan of the cover on the earlier publication of Dykeís Encyclopedia when it was titled the Anatomy of the Automobile.

My office email is mosterman@eastman.org

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 06:05 pm:

Not high resolution but may suffice.

Click on "see image" after the page opens.

https://www.amazon.com/anatomy-automobile-Andrew-Lee-Dyke/dp/B00086K1DM

Another one here:
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1908-dr-dykes-anatomy-automobile-18557473 86

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 06:07 pm:

Hi Mark. In 2012, I was in touch with a fellow who provided me with a beautiful, perfect, color copy, printed on high quality gloss paper, of a book cover for my "Dyke's Automobile and Gasoline Engine Encyclopedia".

If memory serves me, I believe at the time, he told me he collected Dyke's books. I don't know if he still does this, or if he can provide you with the cover you need, but it might be worth it for you to get in touch with him and ask him.

Although I do not have his e-mail or phone number, I located the mailing tube it came in, which has his name and return address. Perhaps you can do an online search and get his phone number by using his name and/or his address. I hope this helps. Good luck. Jim Patrick

Mr. Guy A Randall, Jr.
437 Scott Troy Rd.
O'Fallon, IL 62269

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 06:10 pm:

https://books.google.com/books?id=Wn8Kykf6qhEC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f =false

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 06:55 pm:

Thanks guys ... but need a reproduction quality copy .. for an exhibit of my art based on anatomy and the model T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 07:05 pm:

Mark, what year are you looking for? I have a 1919 copy in very good condition. I could take a photo or scan of the cover if you think that will work. PK

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration