2018 MTFCA and MTFCI Tours-Back to Back

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 2018 MTFCA and MTFCI Tours-Back to Back
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 05:15 pm:

I planned to take the 14 on both tours, but just before we left the radiator on the 14 became a wall hanger, so we took the 24 Touring. It wasnít as smooth or quick as the 14 but by the end of the both tours it was getting broken in and catching up. The 24 now has 3500 miles on it. It needs a clutch adjustment, if I shift into Ruckstell high too fast it slips bad. One of the days tours it started leaking oil. Two screws on the Bendix cover were loose. The oil was pouring out. Luckily the screws hadnít fallen out. Tightening them solved the problem. Another day it started to skip intermittently. At the next stop I tightened all the electrical connections and that took care of the skip. The tires are half worn out.
We got to the MTFCA Homecoming as the vendors were setting up. Ellen spotted a complete Ruckstell rear end with a shifter for $600. We bought that and a few other things. Thatís the third Ruckstell she has found for me at around the same price. She doesnít miss much! We met some fellow forum members and Freighter Jim. He is very passionate about these cars and spent a lot of time connecting me to another 13 owner with a low mileage Touring. He also tried to introduce me to the owner of the original 14 he brought to the MTFCA meet, but the owner had left before we connected. Freighter Jim also supplied coffee, muffins, croissants, and donuts on homecoming day. The high point of the MTFCA Tour for me was being able to check out the Silver Streak in person.

We didnít have too much time to spend at the MTFCA homecoming flea market as Ellen had to be in Cranberry for the BOD meeting on Saturday evening.

Sunday we had to drive back to the New York State line to pick up the boy and his brother for them to attend the MTFCI Tour with us. Their mother got up early and drove them that far. We got so busy with the tour and the boys we didnít get many pictures of the meet. I thought Ellen was taking pictures and she thought I was taking pictures. Everyone sure had a fun, busy time on the MTFCI tour. All the kids had so much fun! That is what these tours should be doing to get children involved.

There were about 100 cars on the MTFCA and about 200 on the MTFCI.

Freighter Jim

Butler Ford celebrating 100 years in business. Really nice dealership, and a great Ice Cream stop. From the old pictures inside the building, they should remove the current siding and it would be an awesome looking building.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 05:26 pm:

Great pics and writeup, thanks! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 09:05 pm:

Dan,

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Looks like you had a great time!

I am envious that you had the opportunity to see the Silver Streak. That car has such a great story that it must have been really special to see it in person.

Can I put in a request to Ellen to have her find me a $600 Ruckstell at Hershey this year?

Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 03:58 am:

Hi Dan & Ellen !

So glad Ellen stopped to take a look at Steve Redelmanís 1914 Touring T that I was bringing up from Florida .....

Bill has a fantastic 1913 Touring T with 5600 original miles
so I thought it only appropriate that you should meet him.

The Richmond Tour was great - it was my first one - it wonít be my last.

I gave your card to Bill - maybe someday I can stop to visit you two and see your cars ....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 07:23 pm:

Glad you guys enjoyed the post.
Ed it was special seeing that car in person, makes you not want to leave. I posted pictures of all the writing on it as all I have seen published of it doesn't show it all.
You can put a request in but I don't know, I could probably use one more.
Thanks again Jim, it was nice meeting you, you are welcome anytime. The next time you are at the museum check for back issue May June 2010 for the article on my early 13.
Also at the MTFCI meet I saw the maroon 4dr Don Booth restored. It looks as good in person as it did on the forum, great restoration.
We may be able to come up with a few more pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 08:19 pm:

Ed, getting to drive it even for a few blocks and work on it was cool too! :-)
I must say the red seats and writing is a lot cleaner and easier to read now. Nice job of preserving it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 07:07 pm:

Back from the Tours. We finished unloading today, the boy wanted me to wait for him to come out and help me unload the Ruxstell and the 24. He loves using the chain-falls.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 07:30 pm:

We got the 24 cleaned up yesterday with the help of the boys. We're always looking for an excuse to drive. This morning we decided to go to the Mennonite roadside bakery stand for an extended breakfast run. Well, one thing led to another and we spent the rest of the day driving, having dinner out also. Total mileage for the day 187!

(Message edited by fomocomandan on July 27, 2018)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration