Fan Arm Manufacturer Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Fan Arm Manufacturer Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 05:42 pm:

The attached photo of an early fan arm part number T-604, has this marking on the other side "S-F-Co." I assume this is the manufacturer. Does anyone know what is the full name of the company?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 10:09 am:

Very common on early parts. Trent would probably know what it stands for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrett on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 09:14 am:

Stevens Firearms Co?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 07:46 pm:

Believe the mark is Standard Forging Corp., Chicago. Similar S-F-Co marks in the Service Bulletins as approved vendor for T forged connecting rods.

Standard Forging lasted a long while, got bought out by Trinity conglomerate, and was shuttered I think in the 1980s?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 09:28 pm:

Thanks Dan.

Allan from down under

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 11:10 pm:

There was a thought some time ago that led me to believe a similar one I have is a Scranton Forge Co part.
This one has dashes instead of dashes between the letters tho. Never mind. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration