How do you take down a hog, and avoid hitting and damaging the hogs head?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: How do you take down a hog, and avoid hitting and damaging the hogs head?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 06:46 pm:

Whats the best way to retrieve a hogs head, without damaging it in the process? How did Henry do it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 08:20 pm:

How did you get that hog to stand still long enough to take the picture?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 08:31 pm:

Never a " boring " moment! Just porking a little fun?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 09:31 pm:

Dallas, do you mean 'boaring'?

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 09:50 pm:

Yup!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 09:52 pm:

Umm.........from the looks of that casting, the hog can have it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin, Kannapolis, NC on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 10:19 pm:

Another great posting we can pork fun of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 10:59 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 11:16 pm:

All I can think of when I see 1 of those hairy,toothy things is the night me and my dog were chased into his chain link dog lot by a group of them.I made some phone calls the next day and we had some hunters come in. Neighbor set a trap.I think all total they got about 10.
They do make Good sausage with plenty of sage added to them :-)
But boy are they ugly,smelly and MEAN!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 12:26 am:

They can sure tare-up the property and crops. They'll dig trenches big/deep enough to tip a tractor. I bought a new rifle last year to rid the land of some we had. After getting the rifle and sighting in the night scope, didn't see hide or hair them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 07:32 am:

While standing guard at the POL Dump about 25/30 of wild hogs chased me into the cab of a 5 ton truck in Germany 1964.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 10:19 am:

I'm waiting for Rich E. and Denny S. to ham it up with a string of puns on this thread . . .

Good fun ! Thanks, Ed !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Voller (Aitkin MN) on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 09:56 pm:

I think a good lung shoot would work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Voller (Aitkin MN) on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 09:56 pm:

I think a good lung shoot would work.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration