Side curtains on a 1925 Roadster.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Side curtains on a 1925 Roadster.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Zwicker on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 09:29 pm:

Is there a fastener on the body for the bottom of the side curtains to fasten, where the front and rear curtains meet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 09:46 pm:

Here you go, Dean:

I hope this helps.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Zwicker on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 09:53 pm:

Thanks, so it appears that there is a fastener on the body for the bottom of the curtain to fasten.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 10:10 pm:

Are you asking about a roadster or a touring??? The diagram is for a touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Zwicker on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 10:20 pm:

I was asking about a Roadster, but it appears that where the curtains meet, the touring and roadster are similar, requiring a fastener on the body behind the front door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 10:41 pm:

Dean

That male Common Sense fastener for the curtains isn't on the body metal, but on the wood tack strip, screwed on with little oval head single slot screws, over the Hidem welting trim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Zwicker on Sunday, July 22, 2018 - 10:46 pm:

Thank you so much! That is what I originally thought, but was not sure. Nice looking original car, by the way!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 10:02 am:

The information Keith supplied is not correct. At the top of the rear side curtain, there is an angled common sense grommet. There are three round grommets that go into the Anzo studs on the rear bow, and are held on by the top. The common sense fastener you see at the end of the tack strip above is for the FRONT side curtain not the rear. The wood screws are a #5 oval head slotted.
Aside from making a set for my '25 runabout, from the Ford prints, I just looked at a NOS Ford script left rear. Bruce Compton just advertised a load of original Ford script side curtains a couple of months ago. I bought two just to have them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Zwicker on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 10:37 pm:

Thank you. I cannot find any Anzo studs or their grommets, so it appears that I will have to use lift the dots, This is not a show car, but a nice older restoration done in 1964. Curtains were thrown out prior to me obtaining the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 08:12 am:

Dean

When you fit the Lift-the-Dots, you can get them in black finish, they look more 'antique' that way, and many of the early fasteners like the ANZO were black finish.

Lift-the-Dots are period correct too for other cars in late teens and early twenties and on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Zwicker on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 07:49 pm:

Thanks, I have used the Lift the Dots on a 1923 Nash Touring as well as a 1919 Mitchell. Thank you for your help.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration