FJ - Went from being in a pickle to having great homemade pickles .... :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: FJ - Went from being in a pickle to having great homemade pickles .... :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 04:40 am:

“ The Dean “

I got to meet him & visit his farm in April thanks to my friend KD.

I spent time with him at the Richmond Tour when Florida Flying Ron had a radiator hose bust the first day of the tour.

I was headed to Cedar Rapids, IA to drop off a Jeep last week
and noticed my receiver hitch was hanging kinda low on Thursday.

Turns out the Curt class 5 hitch I had professionally installed in December was tearing away from the frame - I was about 100 miles east of St. Louis, MO.

So I gave Dean a call & got the name of a welder - got up early Friday & drove all day to get there before the welder was wrapping up for the day - I rolled in at 4:30 pm.

Turns out - Reg Yoder lived about a mile from Dean.

Reg had plans for Saturday - in fact he really could not fit me in until the following Tuesday - that was better than I expected - but I always seem to have The Best Bad Luck ..... :-)

Reg told me “ Be here at 7:00 pm tonight & I know what to do “.

So I used his phone to call Dean ....

Dean offered to come down to pick me up - I dropped my trailer in Reg’s driveway & backed my truck up to the shop door.

Dean arrived - we stopped for pulled pork & pickles at his son’s house & headed back to his place in his T.

Over the next few hours we visited & had dinner - Dean worked on the K Oiler - we ran down to Reg’s a couple times to see how things were going.

I have a really good friend in Holbrook, AZ who is a welder by trade and I have had welding done a few times over the years - I have never seen talent like Reg Yoder.

He fabricated a new hitch from mine - designed to bolt to the side of the frame & not the lip where it had torn - he was just amazing - I was finished up by 10 pm.

Thank You Mr. Dean Yoder !

FJ

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration