Any one seen this TT rear end.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Any one seen this TT rear end.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 08:14 am:

Can any one tell me about this spring set up please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Gilham Bellflower Ca. on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 08:42 am:

since the drive line hole is covered I'm thinking this was used for a heavy duty trailer axle. I know I'd hate to have to move it without a tractor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 10:38 am:

WOW, I can't see any way or how that ever worked under a truck.No where to attach all that stuff.As said,probably trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 12:32 pm:

Is it the 1928 AA laying upside down? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 12:55 pm:

Isn't that a TT Ruckstell??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 01:06 pm:

Yes, it's a Ruckstell with non-TT springs attached.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 05:08 pm:

There was a two ton truck extension/conversion offered for the TT trucks that had a multiple spring setup like that. I saw an advertisement for it years ago.
I also know that the earliest AA trucks used a modified TT rear end. I saw a couple of those many years ago. They had their own spring setup not like a TT, but not like that either. Been a LONG time since I had a good close look at those.
I have wondered a few times? Whether the TT Ruckstell would fit that early AA or not?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 05:23 pm:

Related but a little drift:

I've always thought putting a Ruckstell in a TT is somewhat odd. I don't have a Ruckstell, but I do have a Muncie in mine. Ford low/Muncie under will climb a tree. It's humorous to think of a TT with a Ruckstell and an auxiliary transmission. Ford low/Muncie under/Ruckstell under would allow you to go for lunch without shutting it down. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen, Madera California, USA on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 06:39 pm:

Yes but with a TT in, Ford high, Warford or Muncie low, Ruckstell low, it allows the truck working picking in row crops to have boxes loaded on the truck with out stopping mid row.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Vagasky,Tucson on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 06:53 pm:

I just don't understand why someone would dig a big hole, put a TT in it upside down, and then fill the hole up to the spring shackles......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 06:56 pm:

It's funny you say that Kevin. When I was around 16 I used an old Ford pick-up with a granny 4 speed to haul hay. I'd put it in 1st gear, pull the choke just enough to step up the idle a little, point it down the row of bales, then walk behind it bucking the hay into the bed with hay hooks. I had to hurry at the end of the row to jump in, turn it around, and point it down the next row. (Yes, I did this alone.)

The amazing part of that memory is understanding that it's a miracle we survive our teens at all. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir Atascadero on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 10:40 pm:

TT Ford low, Lane Warford low will also climb a tree. But it won't jump limb to limb.

Sincerely

Jim Weir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim R. Wynn on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 10:55 pm:

I saw an old photo in the old Cars and Parts magazine once that showed a TT set up pulling a load of logs. It was so low and slow that the driver was walking in front adding water to the radiator.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration