New to forum guy again

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: New to forum guy again
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Art McTevia on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 01:27 pm:

I have reading you guys for 12 years.Have had my T that long,Don"t know how to add to conversation without starting a new thread.don't know how to send pictures yet I only have a flip phone.Think you for responding to me. ART

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 01:30 pm:

Click on your original post then scroll to the bottom and add any new comments in the box then hit preview /post message

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 01:41 pm:

Art, Try using a personal computer (PC or Mac) for the Forum. It makes using the Forum - especially pictures - much easier. Just use the same Username and Password you use on your phone. Since you still use a flip-phone, you are our kind of guy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 02:02 pm:

I use a flip "stupid phone" too, but the thought of trying to do internet on it makes me cringe. With a desktop or laptop computer posting on the forum is easy, and with the larger screen you can actually see the pictures. You don't need a new computer. With a bit of online shopping you can get a refurbished used one for a fraction of the new price. I detest Windows and use a Mac, but all kinds are available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Art McTevia on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 02:25 pm:

I am on a laptop. But how do I put a picture on the laptop to send it? and what do I take the picture with.And why am I an idiot?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Emering Newton, New Jersey on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 03:11 pm:

Get a cheap digital camera with a memory card that you can remove and plug into your laptop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 03:32 pm:

What Gene said. Before I got a smartphone, I had a fairly basic digital camera (a Canon Powershot) that I would use to take the pictures. Then I removed the memory card and plugged it into my desktop computer. That enabled me to save the photos I wanted onto the computer's hard drive and from there, upload them to the forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 04:08 pm:

This is what I've used for the past eleven years. It's an obsolete Canon A640 that takes very good pictures. It has a lot of settings I've never bothered to learn because most of the time I can just set it to Automatic, aim, and shoot. I'm currently on my fourth one. Two were stolen and one went belly up from getting sand in the works. Last fall after the last one was swiped I bought the current one off Amazon for $65. I'll use it until something happens to it, then I'll get another. I download pictures to my computer with a cable, but I can also do it from the card as Gene and Dick described.

One caution: A main reason I got rid of the Windows laptop that plagued me was that it often refused to download photos. I despised that thing, and I was delighted to sell it for hundred bucks and buy a Macbook Pro for $300.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 04:36 pm:

Steve, mine is an A620. Don't use it much now that I have the iPhone. With the phone, I just email myself any picture I want to post and specify a size that will work on the forum. The Canon gave me good service for quite a while, and it's next to the computer for when I want to take it with me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 04:45 pm:

Here are three sample photos from the A640. I'm not sure if a phone could have done them as well, but maybe so. I haven't tried one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 04:47 pm:

You do need to keep pictures to 200 kilobytes or so. See posts on image resizing. Lots of choices.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 05:03 pm:

The current file size limit is 250 KB.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 05:32 pm:

I have my doubts as to whether your flip phone will do this, so my advice may be moot. But...

What I do, until I buy a decent camera, is take a photo on my iPhone and then use the iPhone to email it to myself.

When I email it, the iPhone email gives me options for how big I want the file size to be. I always choose a file size below 250KB.

Then when I open up my email on my laptop, the files are all usable on this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 05:49 pm:

Several people use Don's good idea. But I would add one step. Email the photo to your computer full size, then make a copy of it and resize the copy. That way you still have the full size file in case you need the high resolution version later. If you resize the original you can never get it back to full size.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 05:49 pm:

my lumix has a setting for same size pic every time,just set for what you want,no more resizing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally got a kid to show me how. charley

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration