1926 Fordor just arrived for some attention..... :-O

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1926 Fordor just arrived for some attention..... :-O
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 05:31 pm:

Look what just got dropped off at my doorstep. Can you believe it? :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 05:36 pm:

Hey there 'Don the Fordor', sure looks like a better one to get back on the road than some of those sedans you have re-worked! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 05:42 pm:

Gheez Dan, I feel like I have Fordor measles...something is attracting them~

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 05:52 pm:

Another one! But it looks like you won't have to rebuild the body on this one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 06:07 pm:

Who'd a guessed there were this many Fordors around...not me.

No Steve the car appears to have been re-wooded at some time in the past. It is actually quite solid and the doors work just as they should. I will know more tomorrow but it looks to be a very solid car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 08:17 pm:

Interesting exhaust pipe connector. Was that an option?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 08:32 pm:

Neil, I'm thinking its a pipe coupling. I may have to talk to the owner about that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 08:34 pm:

Wow! your very first Fordor to rebuild. Don't be afraid to ask question here on the forum there are a lot of knowledgeable folks on here who have rebuilt some of these cars in the past who can help you. :-):-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 08:43 pm:

Yoo boy~ I was wondering if Mr Seth would take notice... :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 10:19 am:

Looks like a cake walk on this one Don.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 12:50 pm:

Hi Gary, I don't think this will be a too long of a ordeal. But, just when you think that....stuff happens. Stay safe!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 06:49 am:

If its a job worth doing, it's worth doing twice...or perhaps 7-8 times! My 26 Fordor was accepted by OCF. See you there?
I was thinking we'd try to get as many of them together for a group photo as we could.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 07:00 am:

Morning Eric, I may drive down for a walk thru. I didn't apply to take my car because they made it obvious that large motorhomes were not welcome. The motorhome is the only vehicle I have that can pull the trailer safely. So my OCF days are likely over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 09:38 am:

"All modern vehicle parking will be in parking areas designated at check-in. We will be accommodating
overnight parking for campers and motorhomes. Parking map will be sent prior to Old Car Festival. Shuttle
service will be available, schedule and information coming soon"
It appears that they are allowing RV's. Quit stalling :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 09:41 am:

Hey that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it, well I'm sticking to something here...yuck~

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 01:27 pm:

Its alive !! Alive and kick'n rather nicely. Solid driver too...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 01:31 pm:

You must have driven the dust off it :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 10:53 pm:

Looks better clean, that's for sure. Stop and say hi at OCF.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 05:29 am:

I will Eric, the only thing that may keep me from going to the OCF is the Frankenmuth Car Show. Its huge and its the same weekend. I can drive the T to it and they also have a swap meet area. Its really a shame that both shows are on the same weekend...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 09:11 am:

Well I see that you ran it so fast the hood blew off!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 09:45 am:

Yes I did, now I have to get out about 10lbs of bondo and a drywall paddle...dag nab it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 11:08 am:

Don, You certainly have become the "Geru" and "go to" person for Model T Fordors.

Respect and appreciation are in order as these are amongst the hardest T's to re-wood.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 11:46 am:

Well thank you Keith I appreciate that. And I complain but I really do enjoy working on these ole cars. Its just nice to have something other than a complete restore.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration