OT probably. NY State Thruway traffic

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT probably. NY State Thruway traffic
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L. Myers, Greenville on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 09:14 pm:

Yesterday a friend of mine was traveling west on I-90 in New York state and saw a lot of classic/collector/antique cars eastbound throughout the day. Most of them being driven but the "really old" cars on trailers. He said it was like a traveling car show and helped liven up a long drive.
Does anyone know what event they may have been coming from or going to?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 09:20 pm:

Syracuse Nationals ended yesterday, just a guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 09:28 pm:

Great show, I used to go there back when I lived in Connecticut.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 09:29 pm:

Yes it was. A few original cars, but most are destroyed cars. We live close but don't go. A friend of mine was there and bought a nice original paint 40 Ford probably saving it from being destroyed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 09:48 pm:

Hey Dan: I like your terminology "destroyed cars"; People are attracted to certain cars usually due to design and maybe fond memories and then proceed to "improve" them by actually destroying the original lines and then top it all off with a SBC to be the very same as thousands of other would be designers and builders. I'm surprised at how many so called "car guys" are afraid to run a Ford V8 flathead and a 6 volt system and they are the same ones that attempt to "improve" mid thirties Fords when they are actually mutilating a piece of history. If you want a SBC powered old car, buy an old Camaro and leave the nice old originals alone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L. Myers, Greenville on Monday, July 23, 2018 - 10:28 pm:

Thank you all. I'll let him know

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 07:55 am:

I am not opposed to custom cars but I think they should be made from new materials. New heavy duty frames, fiberglass bodies and fenders, new running gear, and new manufactured grills and bumpers are all available. The custom cars can be 100% new. I like the antique cars myself and think they should be preserved.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 08:13 am:

I use to be a vendor there they are the most screwed up people doing the show the spaces are a first come first serve you have to be there 4 days early to get a space but you cannot set up until the day before the show All that show is actually a car show and they do not have 8000 cars there as advertised They are preregistration So the game is its cheaper to register your car fo $30 for the weekend than to pay $15 a day to get in but they donít bring their cars

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration