Internal oil tube

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Internal oil tube
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHRIS SHEPPARD on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 09:00 pm:

Working on my 19 TT question is i'm getting ready to pull the cam to put in adjustable tappets is it possible to blow out the internal oil line when I take the cam gear cover off ? Thanks for any help in advance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 09:08 pm:

yes it can be blown out. But with the cam gear off, take a length of speedometer cable fray the end a little like little fingers and by hand twist it thru the tube so it grabs anything that might be in it. Every so often pull it back out and check. Problem with just blowing it out, more then likely anything plugging it will just end up in the funnel and get washed back in and down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHRIS SHEPPARD on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - 11:36 pm:

Thank You

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 12:51 am:

Chris, please let us know what you find if you use the cable trick would you?
I blew out a plugged line a couple years ago and wonder about it.
Great question.
:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration