Jumbo planetar shifter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Jumbo planetar shifter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 09:47 am:

Can anyone share a picture of a jumbo or Starr planetar shifter? Better yet, anyone have one for sale? Thanks ! Tmorsher@icloud.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 11:47 am:

Tim, Im not sure you mean by shifter.
My town car had a Planator two speed in its drive shaft. They use three Ford rear axle gears and two special gears. One looks like the axle shaft gear with a large hole down the middle and the other a tube device with two dog clutch pins at each end.
I repaired several Planators over the years and had some new shifter gears made. I think I have one new one and one repaired one, both of which could be for sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 12:00 pm:

I think he talking about the shifting lever that is mounted to the hogs head. If that is the case, a Ruckstell shift lever should work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 12:19 pm:

Thanks, yes I was referring to the shifter mounted at the ball end of the driveshaft, by the hogsheads. I assumed a ruckstell shifter would work, but thought they may have supplied their own. Id like to see a picture, if they did. Yes, Tony, Id be interested in what you have. Ill know better when I get this one home and apart.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 12:45 pm:

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 12:49 pm:

Tim I can take pictures of the set up on my car this weekend. I believe it was made up and was on my '14 when I got it. I took it off the '14 and put it on my '27 because that car is in the mountains and the '14 is in Florida. It fit nicely on the '14 but putting it on the '27 required some modification of the floorboards for clearance. It works great for pulling up long hills in Planetor high and is great for loading into the trailer or pulling stumps in Planetor low.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 01:26 pm:

I made a left hand lever that came thru the floor by the handbrake. No picture because I sold the town car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - 07:18 pm:

Tony that is how my Planetor shifter is set up. I made up a new floor board with a wider slot to accommodate the brake lever and Planetor shifter. It works great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 07:18 pm:

Thanks for the ad copy. If anyone has an original shifter, Id love to see a pic, thanks! Tony, if you have a chance, send me an email, I dont get PMs here. Thanks, tmorsher@icloud.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 11:13 pm:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration