Way way off topic. But a good way to begin the day.....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Way way off topic. But a good way to begin the day.....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 08:23 am:

The backyard this morning. Not hobby related, but it may make you smile.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezwfwezqfx1xmhn/1908%20Lambert.pdf?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 08:31 am:

Is that KD on his way in to a black tie event ?

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 08:48 am:

That buck must be lost as he is not eating soy beans! Nice picture Rob. Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 08:56 am:

Makes me hungry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 09:50 am:

It happens every where.....(BIG SMILE)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 10:01 am:

Six elk with three bulls were in my front yard this morning when my dog was let out. A law just past fines for feeding them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 10:24 am:

Steve, with the look of Mommaís ribs, she hasnít eaten for awhile. Good for you. Jim Patrick

PS. I went dear hunting one time, years ago and even had a buck in my sights, but I just couldnít pull the trigger and kill such a beautiful creature, so I shot into the air and scared him off into the woods. Iíd like to think he got away, but there were a lot of hunters in the woods that day...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 10:31 am:

Mom & the twins were here yesterday a.m. - they have our apple trees trimmed nearly perfect around the bottoms !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 10:56 am:

Oh we've got theses buggers all over the place. I love watching them in the yard but they've gotten a bit dangerous of late.

"Attack of the Peachtree City deer without fear"

https://thecitizen.com/2018/07/11/attack-peachtree-city-deer-without-fear/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 11:43 am:

A sequence of photos...
When my wife and met & married, she had a 100 year old schoolhouse (heavily wooded all around) which had been her home. We went over there to have a rummage sale while I mowed the yard. Around 9:30 in the morning, I got to a patch of wild violets and made a 'discovery'.... A very young white-tail fawn!
'Mom' must have 'hidden' him there until she returned, but we had shown up instead. Called my wife over and took a picture... Just don't touch and leave a human scent. I won't mow too close either! Neighbors stopped by... More pictures!
The neighbor just down the road said that 'if' the little guy was still there the next morning, he would make a rescue call to the DNR. (The fawn was gone.)
We returned two weeks later with similar intent. I began mowing again, even the previously ignored violet patch. My wife's green thumb had provided many 3' to 4' tall plantings around the schoolhouse building. As I got closer, the plants began moving! Look closely! "EYES!" Get the camera!
One picture.... Get closer..into the leaves... Too close.... He's running for the woods! You'll see him hightailing it with the last photo.
Nature does indeed provide many wonders, doesn't it?
Now, to get back at the T's!!!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 11:46 am:

Pepper spray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 12:15 pm:

-Hey, Dave-
Good call about the pepper spray! FWIW - The primary ingredient with the spray is cayenne pepper. More economical in powdered form, and is found in the spice area at the store. (Even the Dollar Store.) I sprinkle it in when filling the bird feeders. Birds are oblivious, but the flying squirrels and other critters leave the feeders alone. Again, FWIW dept.

It's Summertime - 'Enjoy a Sweet-T with your Sweetie!'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 12:23 pm:

Cayenne pepper did not work for horses. I tried it to keep them from chewing my trees. They would wrinkle their lip and make faces and go back for more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 12:47 pm:

My wife came home from a trip, getting home about midnight. She said that she didn't see a single deer the whole trip until she pulled up the driveway and there were several in the yard. We cannot have a garden.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 12:55 pm:

"They would wrinkle their lip and make faces and go back for more" :-) Dallas, Mom put hot pepper sauce in the rubber tips of the door stoppers when I was a kid, because the Siamese cat would chew on them. He did the same thing. "This whiskey is awful, hold a gun to my head while I take another sip".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady L Puryear on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 01:06 pm:

We have 40+ head that we feed year round, have a pet doe "Maude" that is the Grandmother to most of them, feed her out of my hand and scratch her and etc., she is approaching 20. Most of my bucks are way too tame, but no one in the neighborhood shoots them, most get killed on the road that goes by the place. They are in sad shape now, we are still in a severe drought, and those that are not fed are keeling over, most of this years fawns have died, the does kicked them off long ago, sad to see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 04:13 pm:

Hal. I had the same problem with the deer thinking My garden was a chef salad. My Son gave me a "Scare Crow" which is basically a impulse water sprinkler head integrated with a PIR motion sensor when Deer,Possum,Coon's. armadillo, Dogs come into the sensors range which is about 25 feet max it turns on the sprinkler for a few seconds. work just fine animals take off like a rocket ship. it is also good for keeping neighbors dogs from pottying in Your yard. and cats out of Your flower bed.works as a security measure for people too. If you have folks that like to snoop around Your garage or T barn gives them a harmless shower.
some very funny videos on line. I love mine and plan on getting more to keep critters from the digging up my yard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 05:07 pm:

Rob. I looked at the Lambert link. That was quiet a automobile company. Had a lot of models some low priced hanging in there with the model T. The friction drive is neat a fore running of the CVT of today ahead of it's time. also had a thermosiphon cooled model.Makes me think He might have been a real contender to put the world on wheels. wonder why he didn't ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 05:15 pm:

I do not know if it is the same but there was a friction drive tractor at one time?? Bud.PS Isn;t it strange how deer will stay in a cornfield until the very last rows? Bud still in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 07:41 am:

Jim,

That might work, but I've about got to where I wouldn't even bother. I've got so much going on, I don't have time to keep the grass cut. My old garden spot has been taken over by pine saplings. I really should go out there and try to gather up my T Posts that I put out there in a failed attempt to stop them with a 6' electric fence. They promptly tore THAT down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 08:26 am:

This was in Powell, WY at the post office. We thought it might be a mail deer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 08:34 am:

Richard, it could be a mail deer but the bucks usually are at the bank. They are looking for the doe there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 08:39 am:

I was in Austin Texas a few months ago.
This little guy thought it that this was good place to rest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 12:33 pm:

Three young bucks crossed the path in front of me on the bike trail this morning. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 12:59 pm:

My neighbors apple tree will start dropping apples soon-----in the past the apples ferment elk eat them then get drunk! to date it has not been a problem but with more folks on the road going around that corner its going to be. Locals are aware slowing well below the speed limit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 01:04 pm:

What the heck, might as well add the morning shot. No wildlife, just an attempt at time-lapse...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qc6607nzk3fjs1b/Video%20Jul%2027%2C%207%2021%2032%20AM .mov?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 10:01 pm:

I have never had the desire to kill something as beautiful as a deer. Something less cute, like a wild hog maybe, but not a deer. I will however kill every coyote that I can. Coyotes killed two of our dogs that we dearly loved.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 11:45 pm:

We have mule deer running all over this town (Alturas, Ca.)....completely unconcerned with people. The deer consider the gardens and fruit trees on every street as a source of food. My wife has other ideas and has chased more than one buck out of our yard!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration