Centerdoor question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Centerdoor question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jay on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 04:51 pm:

I met a guy who owns a '22 Centerdoor. He said the rear passenger left and right side windows are stationary. He said Ford did not intend the windows to be opened. I looked at the window garnish on each side. They are plain and have no slots for the pull strap.

I met another guy who has a '23 Centerdoor. The rear passenger side left and right windows do open with straps. Each window garnish has a slot and seemed to be original and not homemade.

I don't have any reference materials to determine authenticity. Does anyone know why there are 2 versions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 05:28 pm:

Jay, I have a '22 Centerdoor and the rear windows go down and have straps. The door and front windows have the locking tab channels. I believe '22 was the first year for that set up. Earlier cars had straps for all windows

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 06:51 pm:

My '22 Centerdoor also has the pull strap. Its either closed or full open, no in between.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 07:45 pm:

Mine's a '19 w/straps and all the windows go down with only the door windows having 2 adjustments.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 08:05 pm:

Someone may have made them solid to avoid chipping of the paint. On mine you push the bottom out over a flange which is part of the exterior window frame. That area tends to loose paint rather quickly from opening and closing the window.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kurt Baltrusch on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 08:30 pm:

My 22 sedan has straps for both rear windows. One works fine; the other is jammed (maybe the glass is too tall). I think that the method is to pull on the strap which lifts the glass off the horizontal channel (on the outside of the door) and then the glass moves inward and can go down. I will try to fix mine this winter.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration