Can you identify this part?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Can you identify this part?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Mears on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 05:58 pm:

I am wondering if you can help me identify this vintage Veeder part? This part was found with my Fatherís Model T Ford parts. Inside is stamped Veeder OCT.22.1896. The first two letters are hard to read through the small hole, so they may not be correct.I am assuming the Oct.22.1896 is the patent date. The numbers show 004053 on the meter. I am fairly familiar with Model T Ford parts and have never seen anything like this on a Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 06:15 pm:

I did a search of Veeder and they make flow meters to this day. Could this be an early fuel flow meter that counts how many gallons your Model T uses? Does it smell like gasoline? Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 06:19 pm:

Dave, I remember passing tractor trailers on the highway and seeing the name Veeder on the hub odometers. I Googled Veeder and Oct 22 1896 and it shows Veeder Oct 22 1895 patent issued for bicycle speedometer that looks very similar but has different fittings on the housing.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Mears on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 06:37 pm:

The input hole is only about 1/16" and the output hole is 1/4". It does not smell. I would think with gravity flow a 1/16" hole would not let enough fuel through unless it was pressurized.I thought maybe it was an odometer, but it has an out line, plus it is a compression fitting. I sent several pictures to the Veeder-Root Company yesterday and today, they could not identify the part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Mears on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 06:44 pm:

Here are two more pictures.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration