OT- model NRS universal joint

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT- model NRS universal joint
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Kiefaber on Thursday, July 26, 2018 - 09:56 pm:

My model R needs a universal joint. Will a stock model T UV joint work? If not where can I find one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 08:49 am:

Robert,
I reached out to a couple of NRS people, but haven't' heard back yet. I don't recall if they will interchange or not. If you have yours out, maybe post the dimensions and someone will be able to give an opinion?
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 11:56 am:

Ask Floyd or Richard

floydj@gopherpattern.com

ord06darling@usfamily.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By W. Austen on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 12:27 pm:

The overall size looks the same - A Model T joint should work, Its a lot stronger than the NRS. the cross shafts on the NRS are 3/4" the T is 1". The NRS is bronze and Steel. the T is all steel and much stronger.ujoints

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 12:55 pm:

Thanks Darel....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 12:55 pm:

And W.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Kiefaber on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 07:23 pm:

Thanks everyone! I didnít have a NRS UV to compare to. I will try to get a model T UV from a vender.👍

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration