Old Photograph - DANGER!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photograph - DANGER!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 08:05 am:

Oh, that way madness lies....

Captioned " "Danger" sign on road near Winona, Ont., May 21, 1922."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 08:07 am:

In dark lettering does it say "5 MPH"? Perhaps they are warning the driver about the curve ahead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 08:37 am:

I can imagine the word curve there. Any other guesses?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 08:41 am:

"ZOMBIES"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie, Memphis TN on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 10:04 am:

DANGER -- Don't get too close to this sign - people are shooting at it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 10:07 am:

Is that an Essex approaching?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 10:11 am:

I think underneath it says "Here be Dragons"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 10:16 am:

I think the dark lettering is stencilling on the packing crate the signboard was made from. The white spots look like the remains of paper posters that have been pasted to the sign. Maybe they said things like "water over bridge" or "bridge out" when there was high water in season ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 10:32 am:

After a closer look I believe Jerry is right about the "ZOMBIES"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 11:39 am:

Going down a hill and then going up a hill in a tight curve just ain't safe. That would be a tough one in wet and cold weather. The road is barely wide enough for two cars anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 10:16 pm:

LOL Richard! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 08:12 pm:

Told you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 10:20 pm:

I don't see a driver in the ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 10:14 am:

Passenger side door is slightly ajar - "DANGER ! Ford driver taking pictures and blocking the road !"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 10:24 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 10:41 am:

"S CURVES"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 10:55 am:

Good eyes Steve ! I can see that now, but wonder why that's nigh unto invisible on the sign ? There also seems to be a large "O" under the "S" and more copy . . . ?!?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration