How do you guys track mileage?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: How do you guys track mileage?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 04:23 pm:

Hi all, I want to drive the daylights out of my T this summer but was curious what the best way is to track just how much I do drive it. Should I just estimate? Keep notes? Install a hubmeter?

What do you do, if anything at all to keep track of the miles you put on your T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Rosenfelder on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 04:36 pm:

There are free smart phone apps that work as speedometer and odometer, and allow you to save trips.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 04:37 pm:

I don't drive enough to worry about it but a GPS app for your phone would be a simple solution.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 04:38 pm:

I just use the odometer on my speedometer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 05:08 pm:

Some guys figure their gas consumption the same way pilots do, by the hour.

I have a GPS speedometer with an odometer and a separate trip odometer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 05:52 pm:

I use a GPS on my speedster and reset before each drive of more than a few miles. 1910 so far this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 05:58 pm:

With enough dough and the inclination, you can install an original Model T era speedometer. For a lot less you can buy and install a bicycle speedometer for under $25.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 06:26 pm:

This clever device was factory installed on my Lizzie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 09:10 pm:

Tim. another way to keep tabs on the car is with a hour meter like they put on riding lawn mowers and some ATV, wont tell You miles driven but will give You engine run time which should be helpful for determining when to do oil changes,lubrication and other maintenance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 10:12 pm:

Guesstamate, don't really keep track.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 10:16 am:

Great photo Rich! Mounted in the correct place too! You even have the correct casing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 08:05 pm:

Thanks Mark! I need to put a speedometer on My John Deer Gator. and stop guessing when the oil needs to be changed with the hour meter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 09:14 am:

I also use a wired bicycle speedometer, as Steve does. It's great for tracking oil changes, since I typically put about 3500 miles a year on it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration