Dixie Magneto Adjustment

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Dixie Magneto Adjustment
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Barr on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 06:53 pm:

I have a Dixie 43 magneto on my new to me speedster and don't know how to set the timing. It starts and runs easy, it advances the spark, but it is running hot and will not rev very high. Seems to be too retarded.

Suggestions?

Thanks, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 09:19 pm:

Scroll down to the booklet to get to the timing setting instructions

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/458232.html?1406559137

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 11:32 am:

John, not answering your question, but Dixie mags are known for bad potmetal issues. Yours may be fine ( now) but look closely at any of the white metal parts, and if you see fine crack lines it will eventually self destruct. Bosch Du4s are very common, and parts all pretty much interchange. The early ones have a lot of brass on them, if thatís what you like. To change the timing , look for any adjustments in your linkage first. If you had a Bosch, itís very simple to take the Red fiber cap off, loosen a couple of screws, and then move a tooth or two on the timing gears until you like the result. Good luck, t

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration