Purty, ain't it??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Purty, ain't it??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 10:50 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 10:54 pm:

So here is the secret method I use to get around the oddball 17/32 x 18 thread on the inlet fitting. I thread the hole in the bottom of the inlet 1/16 npt. Then I make a fake fitting nut with no threads, screw a 1/16 npt stud in, line it up and solder the nut to the shank of the stud. Make an elbow, attach a standard Model T fitting to the end of the stepped piece and there you go. Easy once I thought of how to do it.

Don't tell the judges.

Some time when I'm not so tired I'll see if I can find the photos of what this looked like when it came in but not tonight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 10:55 pm:

Too nice to put on a car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 10:57 pm:

Nah, it's going on a 1909 in Washington that is getting close to the end of the restoration.

I have hours and hours and hours and hours in this one. Took a day off from haying to get it done today and in the mail.

Thanks, Steve!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir Atascadero on Friday, July 27, 2018 - 11:39 pm:

Stan, I'm sure it'll run as good as the OD 1 on my TT . Cuzz it looks as nice as mine!!

Thanx

Jim Weir

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration