Peddlers Box #2

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Peddlers Box #2
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 01:36 pm:

My first peddlers box I made ended up being too short in my opinion. I just rebuilt it 9Ē taller and added a new drawer underneath the back swing out doors. Just shot it this morning with black primer. Now Iím not sure what the final color will be. Keep it black, go midnight blue, or 39 Packard deep maroon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 02:13 pm:

Like! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 02:46 pm:

Deep Maroon.

Just my first thought.

They both look really nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 03:21 pm:

Found this new Picture last week and gave me the inspiration to change it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 03:34 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 05:05 pm:

Very nice ... what will you be peddling? Email me if you want my research in selling patent medicine from the back of a model T. Mosterman@eastman.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 05:35 pm:

Wish I lived closer, I would love to have the shorter one. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 12:55 pm:

If you want to outfit your peddlers box with products with labeling that appear to be from the era, and don't want to spend years and cubic money acquiring them, Google "Watkins Products".

The company was very popular in the 20's and is still in business today. Best of all, most of their packaging and labeling has not changed, and would look very authentic in your peddlers box. Mainly because Watkins distributors in the 20's used the same type of rig you have.

Check out their website. At the least, I think you'll get a kick out of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 08:31 pm:

Been too hot and humid to do a good job painting the new box.
Decided to just paint it a satin black for now. Finish came out uneven. Installed it today anyway Iíll repaint it this winter. Iíll reinstall the hardware and roll her out side for some better pics tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 08:50 pm:

Thinking of something like this on the side panels

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration