1911 & 1912 touring steering column ..Same?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1911 & 1912 touring steering column ..Same?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 02:25 pm:

It has been stated there is a small difference in the 1911 column and the 1912 column. The parts books states one version for both years. The "Book" states the 1912 column sits about one inch lower when attached to the wood dash. How does one tell which is which. Does it matter much? This is the one with round bolt holes - brass top and touring and Commercial Roadster style.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 06:30 pm:

still looking for some information on this subject..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 10:09 pm:

Still looking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 12:13 am:

I keep hoping to see the answers myself! I have two rough early column tubes and would like to decide which to add into a specific project pile?
So, Darel, how are you feeling these days?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 08:46 am:

Hello Darel:
The mid 12 column has the offset 4 hole mounting pattern. This was used for the single piece dash that showed up in approximately January. Only the Town Car continued to use the 11-early 12 column, and used that same early column through the 1914 model year. Assuming this true, the only component difference between the 2 columns is the column housing. Not fully certain, but I believe both columns also use the same lower column to frame bushing as well.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 09:36 am:

The column I have then is a 1911 toearly1912. It is complete.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration