Earning its keep on the farm

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Earning its keep on the farm
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 03:19 pm:

The only thing on the farm that doesnt have to work is my 33 year old horse. He is retired. Using the T for mundane tasks makes them more enjoyable. Beside going to the mill it has other chores.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 04:55 pm:

Very cool. I love the patina.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 05:28 pm:

Different photo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 01:35 am:

I like these pics Dallas!
In whatever guise they serve now or were meant to serve when new, these ol' Fords still do there bit. :-)
I'm finding the Calico/Psych-O-delic looking and quite incomplete 18 Runabout here has turned into a major stress reducer for my wife!
20-25 miles per hour takes her completely away... Or 30 and just let it knock.
And me. If maw's happy.......
"Honey, take me for a spin." I'll claim I didn't see it many years ago with the Crappy 24. :-)
Oh goll. I forget you have the modern windshield (like the 24 here) to let air in. Ahhh.
These old style windshields just don't cut the mustard.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 04:52 am:

Dallas, just don't scratch the paint!!! :-) :-) :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 08:12 am:

James 1 part rust and 1 part old paint and 2 parts dust = patina.
Dave Im more worried about disturbing the dust, I got it just right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 08:25 am:

Keeps 'em happy when they feel useful!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 11:03 am:

G.R. took the words out of my mouth.

If you believe T's are alive (they are), then you have to believe that they're happier if they have a job to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 02:04 pm:

Neighbor called all sleepy just after daylight to say my little mare Sandy had broke the top rail on the pasture fence and stepped out. Said she was nibbling on her ears . . . of her prize corn.
Lizzie to the rescue, with a free start, yet !! Useful around the place, she's handier than a four-wheeler and faster than walking !! I do think they like having a job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 02:31 pm:

I have corn planted in my east pasture field this year. There is about an 8 inch dead furrow after entering the gate. It eased down and back out loaded or empty. They are amazing little cars. Im sure its happy to work because it always starts and is ready to go, even in cold and snow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 05:20 pm:

Well I needed some fire wood for this weekends get together. She was more than willing to make the 6 mile trip to the other farm for some wood. After a trip through the wood, we wound up cutting down trees in the field. Make it light steering with weight in the back. After crawling through the woods in low I had to tighten low band a bit. Still pretty new linings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 05:51 pm:

Oh ya and stopped for sweet corn on the return trip. Had to do a little show and tell while there.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration