Rocker Panels on a 22 Coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Rocker Panels on a 22 Coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Fuller on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 05:37 pm:

While removing the body of my 22 Coupe I noticed a problem with the rocker panels. The one on the drivers side has been cobbled and hangs down about an inch and a half. The doors close great and from the side you can not tell. Is this a big fix? The car has a very nice interior installed. How should I go about the repair? Underside of Rocker Panel Drivers sideRocker Panel Passenger side

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 06:30 pm:

Without crawling under my coupe to check I would say that nothing about the wood framing you show looks correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Fuller on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 06:55 pm:

Is the rocker panel flat across the bottom?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 07:05 pm:

If you go to www.fordwood.com check out the body wood illustrations for the 18-22 Coupes. They may give you an idea of what the wood might looke like.
The main body sill looks to have been replaced. Anyway the zinc plated bolts have either been added for support or?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 08:25 pm:

The rocker panel curves inward to the base wood. They also match the curve of the door. (step plate area)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 08:55 pm:

The wood is the entire structure of your car and MUST be solid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 09:01 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 02:31 am:

Umm... that looks yuck but if the car is solid & door shuts nice, don't mess with it much.
Maybe jack under the sill and see if it moves much. If the door gap gets bad or starts to get hard to shut, then stop & basically re-enforce what you have as it sits. Anything else gets close to a total body dismantling and that can be messy/expensive ect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 07:52 am:

I agree with Kep. If it is solid and looks good and is solid do not worry about it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration