Need to borrow a rear hub puller in the Oklahoma City area!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Need to borrow a rear hub puller in the Oklahoma City area!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Whitaker, Oklahoma City on Saturday, July 28, 2018 - 10:51 pm:

So I need to pull the rear driver's side wheel on my '24 Touring, and I need to use a puller to do it.

Now the wonderful thing is that I bought a new puller a few years ago and it works great... BUT it happens to be in Missouri right now and I really don't want to make the ~12 hour round trip just to get it, especially because I need to use it just once.

Does anyone happen to have one in the Oklahoma City area that I can borrow briefly?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 05:58 am:

Cameron, if the T is drivable, back off the axle nut one turn and re-pin it. Then go for a drive, round a few corners, hit the brakes and do some backing up. Usually that is enough to break the taper and the wheel will come free.

Hope this helps,
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Whitaker, Oklahoma City on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 11:11 pm:

Allan, I appreciate your advice, but unfortunately it was no use. The wheel simply won't come off of the taper.

I think I really have no choice but to get the wheel puller.

Now I know that if that nut was loose and I needed it to stay on, you know it wouldn't!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 12:28 am:

If you don't find a puller near home, I'm about an hour north. There are T guys closer, but they may not be tuned in to the forum.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration