What make of wheels are these?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: What make of wheels are these?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 03:06 pm:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1913-Ford-Model-T/183350382137?hash=item2ab088ce39:g:Ab cAAOSwaM1bXgDy&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 03:54 pm:

Looks like a set of Phelps - I installed a set on a '13 Touring like that BUT he's missing the correct caps - the wheel retainers look like what he's using for caps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 04:50 pm:

Definitely Phelps. Wheel retaining plate says it all

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Iowa John L Williams on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 05:19 pm:

Hi From Iowa! Does anyone know what the caps for this Phelps style look like? I have a set of caps for a Phelps set that has the little "ears" that the springs on the wheel lock into. There must have been at least 2 Phelps styles? Thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 05:36 pm:

Interesting. I found a reference for the hubcaps in an earlier thread from 2012.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/260053.html?1326729242

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 06:24 pm:

This is one of the caps that were included with a Phelps set I installed (after Kevin P. fixed me up w/new rear hubs !) on a fellow's 1913 Touring. The caps had a single stud in the rear that screwed into a receiving hole in the retainer plate - might not be original (according to the above posted info. by John) but have not seen any other type.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 08:48 pm:

Iíve spent WAY too much time on this subject!! After researching as many pictures from the era as I could find I have cast some caps that Iím pretty confident are correct (or close to)!! I believe the originals were made in early ďdie castĒ , and of course they have all crumbled.
A option to make some more Iím considering is to get them CNC machined in aluminum as I now have 2 sets of wheels, one set 30x3-1/2 and one set of 21Ē. Iíve just made a set of new rear hubs and some front brake adapters

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration