Barn find chassis & running gear

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Barn find chassis & running gear
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Webb on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 07:10 pm:

Just cleaned out an 85-year-old garage in northern Wisconsin. Would appreciate any help with identifying this chassis, running gear, fenders, gas tank and wood spoke wheels from what appears to me to be a Model T truck. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me finding a value and buyer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Webb on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 07:21 pm:

Photo attached:

Webb Model T Parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 07:30 pm:

Looks like a good start to build a trailer. I am interested when you find out what you want for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Webb on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 07:41 pm:

Hello Bob, This whole Running gear was a trailer to haul building materials to a cabin site and later to haul boat to a river. I have a black-and-white picture of it sitting in front of my family cabin in Hayward Wisconsin still under construction in 1935. It has been there ever since. Just tore the old wood top off of it a few years ago to bring this chassis home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 07:45 pm:

The chassis has been modified for a trailer and the rear end is unknown as far as it's internals. If the gas tank was clean inside maby 50 bucks, rear end maby 50, wheels maby a 100. fenders if they are in good shape maby a 100.
just rough estimates But the chassis is worth saving as folks make T era trailers at times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 07:47 pm:

Looks like a 13-14 rear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 07:50 pm:

Looks like a 1913-14 riveted rear end. Note the accessory truss. Better/closer photos off the differential and driveshaft would be helpful.

Wheels are 1925-27.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 11:06 pm:

if that's an early rear axle (and it looks like it is) value would be somewhat higher!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 10:37 am:

Looks like it may have a taper spring too.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration