Has anyone here read this?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Has anyone here read this?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 11:35 pm:

Ran across this on T-Bay and wondered if this was a worthwhile read.

Here's the link on T-Bay:https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Model-T-A-Centennial-History-by-Robert-Casey-2008/223069184827?epid=64154938&hash=item33eff5a33b:g:UZkAAOSwPv9bUg4h

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, July 29, 2018 - 11:43 pm:

I have that book. - Excellent read. -Highly recommended.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 07:37 am:

John,

It is a great read for anyone wanting to know more about the Model T Ford. It is not a "how to repair it" but more of a "how & why it came to be" book. Lots of good photos (but if you are only going for the photos, pages 20 - 77 of Robert C. Kreipke's book "Ford Motor Company the first 100 years - a collection of Historic Photographs" is probably a better choice.")

It is also well researched and the author includes the references so if you wanted to find additional information on a subject you know where to start looking.

One of the best books on the Model T Ford and one I would recommend any T person who likes to read and likes history should pickup. It is also available in some libraries if you would like to review it before you purchase it. If you are only going to have one book about the Model T and you own a T -- I would recommend obtaining a how to maintain the Ford over a book about how it came to be. But in many cases life is not "an either or" but rather an "and both."

Nice looking runabout in your profile photo!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 10:00 am:

That was one of the first Model T books I got, very entertaining. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 10:25 am:

I hope it is more accurate than some other stuff he has written!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 11:03 am:

I have a copy given to me by a friend and found a few things that were not quite right. Overall ok with interesting facts and illustrations. I think this was written more for the casual reader that was interested in the history and lore of Ford and his company. For the price on Ebay I would say, buy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 12:23 pm:

I have not read this book. I do have 20 or so early and late books on and about the Model T Ford and the Ford Co. Errors occur for several reasons.
1. Authors use the works of other authors as a source.
2. Accurate information is not available.
3. Common errors are assumed to be "correct"
4. Literary "license"
5. Sounds " good"
6. The author is not well informed about Henry, The Ford Co and the T.
7. The wrong photo is used or mislabled.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 12:43 pm:

I agree with Mark G., it appears to me the book was written for the casual reader, not serious hobbyists (and certainly not for our hero "Original" Smith!). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Heavner on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 01:04 pm:

Hey John. I have a '20 runabout. Yours looks good. The book is a good read. I have a copy. It is another source of information about the Model T for anyone interested in the T. I would get it and enjoy reading it. I bought mine through Amazon. Check them out too for a new copy.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration