Old Photo - Daddies Little Helper

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Daddies Little Helper
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 09:50 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 10:00 am:

Looks like Spanky McFarland :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 10:14 am:

He's getting an early start. He probably turned out to be a gearhead with dirty hands for the next 80 years. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 10:38 am:

I went to an auction a few months ago and the auctioneer's grandson (about 15 years old) was up on the wagon full of tools holding up items as they were sold off.
As he picked up stuff and held it high, the auctioneer would say what it was and describe its general condition before trying to sell it. When the kid picked up a tire pump like this one, he put the youngin' on the spot and said, "Hey, Kyle, whatcha got there?"

The crowd kept quiet as Kyle looked it over, slowly pulled the handle up and then pushed it down. Next, he carefully examined the hose and fitting before shrugging his shoulders and saying "Some kind of cow milker?"

The crowd roared with laughter, but thats how the auctioneer sold it- as " a rare Kyle's cow milker", but it only brought 3.oo.

15 years old and had never used (or seen) a tire pump! By that age I had probably used those contraptions to move enough air to pump up the GoodYear blimp!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 10:40 am:

Here's my little helper. Boy does he love the T.
Hope he has the grease bug for the next 80 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 05:04 pm:

Steve, that photo needs to be framed, absolutely PRECIOUS !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 06:02 pm:

My 3 y.o. granddaughter helping clean head bolt holes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 08:42 pm:

Another "Precious Photo" Steve, they cannot be staged for a photo shoot like that. Frame it you'll never regret it. My two girls at that age use to spend hours with me out in the shop and still remember those special times, they're 46 & 50 now !!! Wished I would have take pictures of them back then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 09:19 pm:

Darn you Gary!! Took the words right outa my computer keyboard!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 02:41 pm:

Tim, I sent you a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 03:23 pm:

Sometimes daddy prefers this little helper!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 04:07 pm:

LOL I'm afraid my wife would disavow any hobby that has a helper that pretty. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis. Tomball Texas on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 09:41 pm:

She seems to be good with tools. If She drove the Snap-On truck they would sell out every day.
Cant have too many tools.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 09:56 pm:

I agree that kids a dead ringer for Spanky. When he's not pumping up tires, he also enjoys doing this. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szwclmmKwLg

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration