Old Photo - Posing With A Model T, Halifax, West Yorkshire, England

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Posing With A Model T, Halifax, West Yorkshire, England
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 09:52 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum, NL on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 01:57 pm:

This must have been taken in World War 1, I see a red? cross in the right headlight lens and a US Army registration on the rear door. Could be an army doctors transport. The doctor might be the man in khaki or olive drab uniform. The other uniforms are 'coppers' , the civvy guy who knows..
The car is a late 16 early 17 ??
Great picture !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum, NL on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 02:00 pm:

The gate says 'Lee Mount' do any of our english readers know if it still exists ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 02:27 pm:

Leo, tot je dienst:

https://www.carehome.co.uk/carehome.cfm/searchazref/10004007LEEA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum, NL on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 03:58 pm:

Je lijkt overtoom wel !
Funny it is still a nursing home, a lot of large country houses were requisitioned and turned into hospitals and 'convalescent homes' in WW1. It explains the 'doctors car'.
The three men in black uniforms appear to be higher ranking officers, not 'coppers' but probably Admiralty (Royal Navy)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 04:10 pm:

:-)

Out of curiosity, I looked at the facilities and ratings. Probably not on my bucket list as a place to settle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum, NL on Monday, July 30, 2018 - 04:14 pm:

Tried to find the same spot on streetvieuw but no luck, the neighbourhood is changed too much, i couldn't find that gate.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration