I guess thatís why Boyco made so many cans

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: I guess thatís why Boyco made so many cans
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 06:09 pm:

I honestly thought I had enough gas. Whoops.

Luckily I was carrying the most important tool of all: my phone. Help is on the way!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 06:25 pm:

Glad you have help on the way. :-)

I have not tried this, but if there is still a gallon or two of gas in the tank, but the level is too low to make it to the carb, I have heard of folks stuffing an innertube into the tank, then inflating it to displace some of the gasoline and raise the level in the tank. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 10:39 pm:

That's why I always have the cans on my running board. They've saved me a long walk more than once.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 10:52 pm:

Boyco or Bear; don't leave home without them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 07:40 am:

Also pays to have an accurate measuring stick and use it before leaving the garage. Since I don't drive my car as much as I would like, I can never remember how much fuel is left in the tank. A quick dip and look tells me for sure what's there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 08:08 am:

I made my own stick for the tank from a broom handle. After coating and installing the cowl tank in my 26, I poured fuel in one gallon at a time and marked it. It does not match the markings on the two printed sticks I have. I drive mine enough to know if I need fuel but the can is a must on long trips. I used the can the 1st year I had it due to not sticking tank before leaving the house. I hate to make the wife carry a can and go for gas! Lol.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 10:55 am:

To be clear, running out was my own fault. I started driving the T daily a couple weeks ago and I'm still feeling out how much is 'enough.' Yesterday morning I peeked into the tank before leaving home and went, "Yeah, that's probably fine."

It wasn't. Oh well, everyone got a good laugh out of it and I'll chalk it up to being a part of the adventure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 01:30 am:

I made my gauge using a paint stirring stick- very similar to original, Don.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration