Front fender irons

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Front fender irons
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george loranger on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 09:38 pm:

i am working on a 1921 touring. when i got it the fenders were off. on looking at the fender irons the left is lower than the right. the right measures 36" from the floor and the left 33.5" from the floor. Is 36" correct? what height should they be. to straighten the left should i heat and bend or bend cold. any suggestions on how to straighten either cold or hot would be appreciated.
george loranger

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 - 11:42 pm:

George, as long as they are the same height, a particular height is not really needed. Just be sure the flat on the apron will bolt down to the frame rail.

I would bend them cold. My weapon of choice is a 24" crescent wrench. It has a hole in the handle big enough to go over the end of the iron. just slide the wrench down the iron to the bend and heave away.
This method allows freedom to adjust up and down and to the front and back as required.

Hope this helps,
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 03:44 pm:

I agree with Allan. That is how I do it and that is the tool I use!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration