FJ - Who is going to the 32nd Annual New London to New Brighton Antique Car Run ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: FJ - Who is going to the 32nd Annual New London to New Brighton Antique Car Run ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 06:32 pm:

I have never been ...

@ http://www.willmarlakesarea.com/events/32nd-annual-new-london-new-brighton-antiq ue-car-run/

Folks I know are going this year - I will be close in Nebraska so I am thinking about heading up.

Who is going to attend & what are you driving ?

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 07:03 pm:

I will be there with Rob Heyen and Dean Yoder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter McIntyre on Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 08:19 pm:

I am going . Driving 06 Cadillac model k cheers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 09:40 pm:

Peter,

You are bringing two cars ?

Cool .... :-)

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Meixner on Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 09:54 pm:

1910 Buick Model 14. See you there, Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren Valley, Nebraska on Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 09:58 pm:

We will be there with our 1910 model F Buick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 10:48 pm:

Peter McI, You have GOT to get a picture of your Cadillac K with the (hopefully) four Ford model Ks just for kicks and giggles!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 10:53 pm:

Rob & I will beheading north with TWO ford K’s tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 10:57 pm:

Dean,

You did it !

Congratulations!

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 11:11 pm:

Kim and I are taking our 1906 Cadillac M.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter McIntyre on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 06:21 am:

FJ no one car
Wayne will do my best to get the picture cheers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald Fishback on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 06:24 am:

I'll be there. Taking 1912 Maxwell.
Ron F

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Dorholt - Mpls, MN on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 07:19 am:

1907 Franklin Model G, see you there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 08:07 am:

I hope someone takes many pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 08:18 am:

Guess I will probably make it happen somehow.

If so - I will be streaming live videos & images.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 08:35 am:

Dean,

Will Tom from Odyssey Restorations be bringing a Franklin ?

He has some big beautiful early cars ....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Peternell on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 09:34 pm:

If any of you folks have time and want to venture 12 miles north next week. Let me know. I'll give you a tour.https://hometownnews.biz/albany-tractor-parade-from-pioneer-days-2015/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 03:26 am:

“Eligibility for the tour.......All vehicles from 1908 or earlier, or any 1 or 2 cylinder vehicles up to 1915 are eligible to participate in the New London to New Brighton Antique Car Run. This includes bikes, motorcycles, steam and electric cars as well.”

Do all of the cars listed above qualify?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Dorholt - Mpls, MN on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 08:09 am:

FJ, Not this year but there will be two other cross engine Franklins there.

Rod, yes all the cars in your description are eligible to participate in the Grand run on Saturday, we have many Model T's and other makes come for three days of pre-tours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 09:59 am:

Dean,

How does a Model T fit the eligibility? The first Model T year was 1909 and all had four cylinders. There are many models listed above that are after 1908 and with more than two cylinders.

Have the rules changed from those specified above?

Thanks, Rod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 10:06 am:

http://www.antiquecarrun.org/2018-registration.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 07:36 pm:

What is Saturday's route? And whet is the end point? The kid wants to stop out on Saturday.

I think he wants us to take the T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 09:06 pm:

Jason:

Here's the map - it's a PDF - save it onto your computer, then you can zoom in on it:

http://nebula.wsimg.com/579b59502c5ac1419a34c074a2e8ca64?AccessKeyId=29D4B062F21 3224B2559&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

They roll into Long Lake Regional Park in New Brighton starting around 3:00 pm. There are a lot of activities going on and food and beer.

If you drive your Model T car to the park, there is an area reserved where you can park and display it. There's usually a group from the Model A Ford Club and various other antique autos.

The lunch stop in Buffalo is another good place to see the cars in one place because that's where they all catch up to each other and they don't leave until 1:00 pm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren Valley, Nebraska on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 10:33 pm:

Rod, there no models listed above that don't qualify. Everything after 1908 has to have 1 or cylinders or steam. All are good to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Dorholt - Mpls, MN on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 08:28 am:

Rod, short answer is no Model T's qualify for the Grand run on Saturday.
Model T's along with other makes up to 1915 are welcome to participate in the Pre-Tours held on Wend, Thur and Fri and many do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 01:13 pm:

I’ll be there with my ‘08 Maxwell. Andy Loso, one of our forum members, will be my guest for the tour on Wednesday. I’m trying to help him get stung with the “old” car bug too.

I believe we have 62 cars signed up for the run and another eight for pre tours only. To my knowledge, there is no other event in the nation that brings together this many pre-T, brass era automobiles for four days of touring. It’s an amazing annual event that I’m proud to support.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 05:27 pm:

Check out the full website at www.antiquecarrun.org

Like and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/antiquecarrun.org

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Peternell on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 02:17 pm:

Caught these folks at Rotochopper today. A fine
Bunch to say the least!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 04:55 pm:

Michael,

Very nice !

I am in Sioux Falls, SD.

Working all day on the trailer - gonna head over to New London tomorrow.

Jerry & Kim Kramer are having a Blast .... :-)

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Peternell on Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 07:50 pm:

It'll be fun to meet. Let me know when you're closer. See you soon!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 08:42 am:

Posting live videos on Instagram & Facebook from the start ....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 09:30 am:

And they're off!

Super bunch of people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 01:08 pm:

Dean & Kim at the start early this morning ......

1906 Ford Model K

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 02:31 pm:

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay Couture - Mahtomedi MN on Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 10:22 pm:

Solid finish
NL2NB_RobH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Monday, August 13, 2018 - 06:22 am:

FJ

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration