Champion 3X plugs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Champion 3X plugs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Petoskey, MI on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 07:00 pm:

Sorry... don't know the differences between model T, A, and B heads.

I assume these Champion 3X plugs are indeed different than the 'single' X ones?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/CHAMPION-3X-SPARK-PLUGS-NEW-IN-THE-BOX-FOR-MODEL-A-B-FORD -ENGINES-/223065354501?nav=SEARCH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 07:26 pm:

I am not familiar with the 3X plugs, but the seller says they are for model A & B Fords. The photos look right for that. A & B Fords use a straight thread (like almost everything else other than a model T). The model T (unless you are using some odd after-market or European head) uses a tapered pipe thread. Those in that ad are not a tapered pipe thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 08:06 pm:

Yes, different threads, and yes, for Model A, B engines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Petoskey, MI on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 08:10 pm:

Very good... thanks for the clarification. Somewhere along the line, I picked up the A had the same head as the T. Obviously not!

Thanks!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration