Transmission brake drum bushings........

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Transmission brake drum bushings........
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 07:35 pm:

My 1918 replacement transmission brake drum only has one bushing in it. Okay, no big deal...I'll just replace both...until I compared it to another drum with both bushings. The bushing inside the drum has a shoulder, or flange (thrust surface) and I can't find that particular style with the vendors. Snyder's bushing picture shows a straight, cylindrical bushing and only mentions that you need two.

Should that inside bushing have the thrust? Oh, I'm ordering the MTFCA book on transmissions tomorrow!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 08:07 pm:

The information will be in the transmission book, when replacing the old style bushing you use different thrust washers, the bushing no longer are sold and have not been for many years, with the thrust flange as part of the back one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 08:10 pm:

Here is the information from Lang's catalog;
https://www.modeltford.com/item/3320BW.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 09:17 pm:

Thank you for the information Mark.....looks like I have two different vintage drums! I'll review Lang's site and order the book tomorrow.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration