Old Photo negative-Central Garage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo negative-Central Garage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 10:44 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 10:57 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 10:57 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Rhoads on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 07:47 am:

I've always heard that two negatives make a positive, but in this case, one negative makes two positives. (Wait -- that don't make no sense!) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 08:39 am:

I'm positive that I don't want to be negative. I learned a new trick. Interesting that my friend Howard knows the same trick and we posted at the same time. It is a fun photo but I don't recognize the car. I'll bet Charlie has pumps like those.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 10:38 am:

First time I've ever seen Chev's and Fords sold at the same dealer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 11:09 am:

Larry, the sign above the door says "Overland Sales". The Ford / Chevy signs say "parts and service", maybe they didn't sell new Fords or Chevys but had parts for both and would repair both ? The building looks like it began as a livery stable. Neat picture ! I'm positive of that much !! ; - )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 11:13 am:

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 11:16 am:

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 11:44 am:

Ford, Chevrolet and Overland were really the "Big 3" during the teens and early 20s. They were the top selling affordable cars. Dodge, Buick, Oldsmobile would be the next level and didn't sell nearly as many cars. Chrysler wasn't around yet.

Looks like Central Garage was an early version of today's massive AutoMalls that have every brand available!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 01:06 pm:

Floyd Clymer sold REO, Maxwell and Cadillac as a young man. Later he was a major distributor of Indian, Excelsior and Henderson bikes. A dealer in a small town might sell many makes.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 01:20 pm:

i have a 3 & a 5 gal like the single,i want the double,they are wayne pumps. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 01:33 pm:

What city & Street?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 01:45 pm:

To Larry Smith - Muzi Ford is located on the same property with Muzi Chevrolet in Needham, MA. Neither manufacturer would allow it's cars to be sold in the same building with the brand of a different American manufacturer, but it's the same dealer.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration