Fender brace and steering column brace questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Fender brace and steering column brace questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 10:44 pm:

Why is this steering column brace not fitting up correctly?

Also,this fender brace I bought up at Luray. I can not make it work.what is wrong?

It will fit on 1 side but it seems to big to fit the other.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 10:47 pm:

Measure everything and see what you have going on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 10:43 am:

Mack , I added an inch to the center of the same steering column brace so it would work on my wood cab truck body. Once cleaned up and pwdercoated, it looks great. Hope this helps , every application is a little as for the fender Barca’s, looks to me that if you take a bit of the threaded end off both ends, it should work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 10:46 am:

Sorry, didn’t have my glasses on. You know what I meant in above post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 10:49 am:

I suppose another way to make the steering column brace fit might be to add a block of wood spacer against the firewall.
Are these items actually Ford parts or are they “jobber/after market “?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration