Riveted Spring Clips

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Riveted Spring Clips
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 10:36 am:

I bought a junk rear spring to replace a few broken leaves in my bitsa. The one I bought had the spring clips riveted in. It got me wondering about my other T(1924) if it was supposed to be riveted like this or did someone rivet this one for a reason.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 12:56 pm:

Have seen several of those button clips on clipped leaf spring, esp. on the Improved Car, but they may be aftermarket, only sometimes you can find a script near the center hole. But haven't confirmed this button clip is used on Improved Car yet.

Most look the same, and some the rivet end really isn't riveted fully, and you can punch out the clip fairly easily.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration