What about security???????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: What about security???????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 11:59 am:

A few months ago I started the rebuild of a speedster.
With the death of my dad in May the project was set to a stop till last Monday.
This morning I took out the front axle and the sub-frame.
Here is what I found. Take a special look at the rust in the front of the frame and the missing parts and rivets.
The car was driven before that way. The rust has a strong coat of paint. Does paint repair rust??? Must be special paint.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 12:49 pm:

Funny and Scary at the same time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 12:56 pm:

All second-hand dealers know paint+bondo cures rust.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 12:56 pm:

Sorry to hear about the death of your Father, my condolences.
It is better that you found this before anyone got hurt. You're a lucky man.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lester in Floyd, VA on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 04:20 pm:

Toyota just replaced the frame in my Tacoma. Maybe you can get Ford to replace that frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 04:45 pm:

Believe it or not, that frame would support a lightweight speedster. Not a heavy sedan.
For what it's worth, I filled the pitting of my crossmember in with weld and ground it level with the surrounding metal. 3 years later, no ill effects, and I'm not gentle on that car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 07:51 pm:

André, I am certainly no expert but I'm not sure I have ever heard of paint as a cure or repair for rust. As you say, sounds like very special paint.... :-)

Ook mijn oprechting deelneming met het verlies van je vader.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration