Help. Bud vases

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Help. Bud vases
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ben jermainne on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 03:39 pm:

A friend of mine is trying to sell these bud vases for her grandmother. I don't know alot about them figured I would ask if anyone has any idea of a value. Thanks. Ben

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 04:02 pm:

I wouldn't have a problem paying $100.00 give or take. They have the brackets and don't appear to be cracked or chipped. I have seen them go for 160-180.oo ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 04:03 pm:

Are you kidding me ? - new in the box ?!?! The best part of that deal is the 2 brackets. Individually the clear glass bud vases would be worth about $75 each in an antique store. But if I were looking for a set of bud vases for my 19 center-door, which Im not, Id pay $250-$300 for those.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 04:47 pm:

I have a set like that and they came with the brackets. No chips or scratches but no box. I didn't pay much for them at an antique store. If I remember they were around $50 for the pair.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 05:32 pm:

Denny, you got a deal. All the ones I've seen for sale were priced to induce sticker shock. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 06:46 pm:

We picked up a pair plus brackets for $150 and they were a whole lot fancier than those. Going in our '20 center door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 06:48 pm:

I bought a pair of the green ones for $80.00. They didn't have the brackets. They are plentiful at the swap meets and antique stores.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ben jermainne on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 06:53 pm:

thanks for all the input I'll pass it along.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 07:56 pm:

I agree Steve that I got a deal. I believe the store owner didn't know anything about them. I have seen them for twice the price plus so I jumped on them when they quoted me $50

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 09:05 pm:

Hey guys, would like to purchase a nice complete pair, please contact me PM (very interested), thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 11:57 pm:

The vases appear to be hand engraved (Wheel Etched) If that is the case, matched pairs are quite sought after. The Pressed or cast examples are relatively common. You hit gold with this one Ben, and with the brackets and box yet.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration