1919 Square Generator Cutout Rebuild

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1919 Square Generator Cutout Rebuild
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 04:07 pm:

I recently acquired a 1919 square generator mounted cutout and was wondering if anyone has ever rebuilt one using a diode or Fun Projects VR internals. Would either one of these options successfully fit within the case? I donít have an immediate need to use the cutout - just curious. I understand opening a Fun Projects VR to see the internals would void the warrantee, but perhaps John Regan might pipe in and let us know if his product could be fitted in a square cutout.

The connection to the ammeter appears to be on the side and when tested with an ohmmeter, was found to be electrically insulated from the rest of the piece Ė presumably indicating the points are open, as should be expected.

Thanks,
Rich C.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration