Should I REALLY Add This To The Mixture??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Should I REALLY Add This To The Mixture??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 09:14 pm:

I watched several YouTube videos about the mixing of Acetone and ATF.

Harold Schwenderman's warning about the two ingredients separating was covered, and in one interesting video, the presenter was "certain" that a few drops of this Balvenie 14 year old Scotch Whisky into a spray bottle of Acetone and ATF would greatly slow down the separation of the two primary ingredients. His demo seemed to bear this out.

Does anyone have any hands-on experience to support this, or did I just throw away $80.00?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 09:20 pm:

I think thats alcohol abuse.If it doesnt work you are only out a few cents. You can drink the rest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, August 03, 2018 - 09:45 pm:

You will have only thrown away $80 if you add this beautiful single malt to acetone or ATF.

This place sure does get strange at times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryan Ostergren on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 12:48 am:

Bill, if you feel that you've already blown the $80, I'll send you the postage and you can send me the Scotch!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 01:05 am:

Drink it....you won't CARE if the mixture seperates!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Clements on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 01:15 am:

Bill, In the video that included scotch whiskey, they guy said "the whiskey was an offering to car repair gods to allow all stuck bolts and other things to come loose". So, not really a part of the recipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7hpmmlYBFM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 10:54 am:

I'd add the Single Malt to myself. The hell with the stuck bolts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 06:46 am:

Since I hadn't opened the bottle, the liquor store was kind enough to take it back without a re-stocking charge.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration