Spindle arm.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Spindle arm.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 12:07 am:

I have a few spindle arms free from the spindles.
Now I am wondering which go on the left and which is going on the right spindle.
The numbers on the arms are hard to read.
One is straight, the three others aren't but they are all different.

Thanks
Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 12:52 am:

On two I could read the number.
The straight say T270A one curved one say T270B.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 02:21 am:

Andre, as far as I know the straight ones can be fitted either side. The bent ones are left and right sided, due to the bends. It is easy to get it right if you remember that the bends are there oi lift the tie rod above the front yoke. That is, the bends go upwards.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin, Kannapolis, NC on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 09:47 am:

270 is a left, 282 is a right. And yes the flat early style will fit right or left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 09:49 am:

T-270B forging number, on part, is Spindle Arm-Left (p/n 2696D) 1919-1927

T-282B forging number, on part, is Spindle Arm-Right (p/n 2696C) 1919-1927

T-270A forging number, on part, is Spindle Arm- Left or Right (p/n 2696) 1911-1919

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 10:54 am:

Flat early spindle arms for the right side usually have a tapered hole bored to accept the speedometer drive gear.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration