Now what ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Now what ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 05:20 pm:

Since I never saw any dripping, over the winter I overlooked the fact my sediment bulb was "sweating" - that is, valves were not sealing, just enough gas was seeping to keep the bulb damp, but not leaking enough to drip. Recently I lapped the shut-off and the drain cock, all seemed well, now I find the same slight seeping from around the tank fitting. The bulb and the drain cock are both bone dry, but the tank flange is sweating. I know a proper fix is to remove the tank and re-solder the fitting at the tank, but leakage is so minimal I'm hoping someone might offer a recommend for some kind of sealant that could be applied to the tank in place. Thanks for your help !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 06:16 pm:

Rub a slightly soft bar of hand/bath soap into the area that appears to be weeping. I am not sure how well it will hold up to alcohol gas? But with the old "real" gasoline I have seen that stop minor leaks for many years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 06:26 pm:

I have had good luck with Seal All for gas or oil. Found at most part stores and many hardware stores.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 06:35 pm:

I've used gas tank epoxy. Cleaned with lacquer thinner, dried the spot, then added a smooth dab of epoxy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 09:02 pm:

Thanks fellows ! Reckon I'll try Wayne's period correct fix first ! After all, I'm one of them danged "purists" most everyone cusses at !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C west central, MN on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 12:39 am:

Hahaha! You danged purists! I am kidding Rich. :-)
Similar: Tees me off, I walk into Tin Cup's little shop and he stinks bad. He's sweating gas around the fitting into the tank flange.
Keep us in the loop. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration