Crankshaft pulley / Timing gear cover

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Crankshaft pulley / Timing gear cover
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kotar on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 08:19 pm:

I need suggestions on how to remove a very firmly attached crankshaft pulley? The pin came out easily, but the pulley isn't budging even with heat. Has anyone used a puller to get a pulley moving off the shaft? Engine is a December 1922.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 08:52 pm:

From what I read you have a crankshaft out of a motor with a stuck pulley so that is good. Normally the complaint is that they are too loose so good again. I would not hammer on anything or use a puller...just support it in a press and push it off. A press is a wonderful thing with no shock or distortion. There must be a shop near you that can push it off in seconds with no heat, a box of doughnuts is more than enough payment.

Tim Moore

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration