Original Model T Registrations, Sales Invoices, And Other Related Paperwork

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Original Model T Registrations, Sales Invoices, And Other Related Paperwork
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 09:45 pm:

Thought some here would enjoy checking this thread out I posted over on the Model T Ford Fix Site a while ago.

Here's the link:
https://modeltfordfix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=93

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 09:55 pm:

Cool stuff Jay!
How long did it take you to post all of that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 10:16 pm:

Howdy Herb, What you see is the product of years of hunting and gathering and loading it to a file folder on my computer. Up loading it all to the thread was the easy part. :-)

I thought some here would like to download and print copies that match their year Model T so they can display them with their car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 11:57 pm:

Interesting Pennsylvania titles. I have what may be original Penn title that had no issue date. That caused me lots of headaches at DMV.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 08:22 am:

Jay, this is a great collection and thanks for posting it. I appreciate seeing old titles and registrations being used how they should, for historical purposes.

Dallas,
The PA title for "Andy Hoffman" is a fake. Here's how to tell:
1. There is a zip code. These did not exist in 1931 when this was supposedly issued.
2. The fee is $4. The annual fee was never less than $10.
3. Usually the date of issue wasn't printed on the title. This line was added in the mid-1930's but usually didn't get filled in on the early titles unless it was a new car or the previous title had the date printed.

There is a guy on Ebay that sells these false PA titles for big money and it drives me nuts when I see it.

The second title from "Pearl Steward" is a real one. You will notice that it has "Junk" written on the top of it in ink. This is how the junk yards "voided" them.

The earliest PA titles are actually a very rare and interesting document to me. There is very little information on them that I can find but I believe that they were first issued around 1920. The first ones were "Department of Highways" and then later changed to "Department of Revenue" in the mid to late 1920's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 08:27 am:

Jay,

Nice collection - thank you for sharing it. I'm always looking for images of the Buyer's agreement - especially the back side or second page that has the engine number (also car number for the mid-1915 and earlier USA cars) and when it was sold/delivered. I can compare that to the when the engine serial number was entered on the engine production logs in Bruce McCalley's book or CD. And then I can get another data point between the engine log entry and the delivery date. (For the most part initially Fords didn't sit around on a dealer lot but were ordered with a down payment and paid for when they arrived. Ford couldn't make them fast enough and even stopped advertising them.)

Again thank you for sharing the early information.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

(Message edited by Hap_tucker on August 05, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 08:50 am:

Thanks Jay, for this and all the photos you post. It's one of the best if not the best part of the forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Sunday, August 05, 2018 - 09:44 am:

Geez, Jay, that's great and must have taken forever!!!

Thanks for sharing.

This lead me to a question (for all): What, if any, sort of paper work came with a Model T when new? I mean other than owners manuals. I mean, were their any sort of "stickers" on the windshield, etc.? I'd love to find that sort of thing to display with my 14.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, August 06, 2018 - 09:10 pm:

Marty,

A typical 1914 (at least those near this serial number) would have come with:

1. The Buyer's agreement which on the back was a bill of sale. The front of a 1914-15 is shown in Jay's posting and the front and back of one a year or so later is also shown (that one was not filled in) also in Jay's posting.

2. This one came with 4 tags as shown below:

Photos above are from the May - Jun 1971 "Vintage Ford" used by permission to promote our club and hobby. Note that same car in the article was looked at a second time within the last 20 years. Sorry I don't recall the exact issue. A photo of it from 1971 is shown below:

You can see one of those tags hanging from the driver's side body iron that the top attaches to on the new 1914 touring shown below:

Additionally many of the 1914 cars would have come with some sort of "We will give $50 back if we sell so many Fords by xxxxx." And they sent the folks the $50 checks.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration